Wednesday, September 1, 2010

READY FIRE AIM



Ready! Fire! Aim!


As a forward planner, I am not renown and, unlike a dear friend of mine, I do not make clear lists of what must be done, even when contemplating such a major exercise as packing up to go on a year’s trip.

I am setting out under the banner of very broad precepts that evolved from my doctoral work- do less of
• Working to Live ($$$)
More of
• Working for love (what turns me on)
• Working to put back ( Volunteering)

But in the course of packing I came across the above card which was given to me by two different people, who knew me closely, at a two year interval. I have always been a little wary of accepting these assertions, but it set me thinking about what I might aim to achieve on my journey.

I shall certainly “Go Far” and it will be easy to commune with hosts of “Dandelions” in the English spring. At times I certainly do succumb to “Wild Mind Swimming” or at least treading water.

But many of the other attributes present more than just stretching challenges. So I will start at once (Not one of my usual traits-see, change already!) by looking out for Silver clouds –it has rained in Mildura and heavily in far west Victoria. We are promised plenty over the weekend and follow up from Wednesday and temperatures that favour snuggling under the Doona (soon to be Duvet). Must get in more red wine!
BOOK REFERENCE:-The three Boxes of life by Richard Bolles. Publisher- Three Speed Press

No comments: